Squidwards nightmare Squidwards nightmare

I appreciate the amount of effort and creativity that went into making this. However, it just wasn't that scary. There was a decent jump-scare at the beginning, but overall it did not have a lot of atmosphere. Maybe this is just me because I'm a huge fan of horror and am therefore used to this sort of thing, but the pacing was inconsistent and nothing really adds up. It was interesting to see a glimpse of Squidward's past, but with the way it is, it adds nothing to the story. What actually happens in this? Does Squidward's art attack him? Is it in his imagination? I understand that most good horror films leave a lot of questions unanswered, but there also needs to be a clear and concise plot or theme in order for that to work. Even the most abstract horror films have an overlaying theme that connects the events to each other. Again, this could just be me, but I don't feel like this has any particular theme; it's just scary simply for the sake of being scary. This can work if and only if there are clearly defined limits of the fictional world you're creating.

Boy with Nails for Eyes 2 Boy with Nails for Eyes 2

I know that this was posted a little over six years ago, so me reviewing it now is probably irrelevant. However, I was very impressed with the artwork and your style as an artist, but that's where my enthusiasm ends. Good artwork can't save a frankly boring and forgettable story that is written in a pretentious style. I was even a little confused by what you were going for. Why was Bobby in love with Susie/Daisy/whatever her name is? Why did he look into the drain hole of his bathroom? Why did his mother insist that he wear plastic bags on his shoes? Is Bobby sick? What are the dreams supposed to mean? Maybe you did answer some of these questions in your other parts of the comic or in this comic itself, but the way you may or may not have presented this information just left me confused, bored, and slightly annoyed at your attempt to write "poetically". Some of the writing style works in your favor in some of the scenes, such as the scene where Bobby is trying to do something with some paper when he thinks about the girl he likes (is he drawing? writing?). However, it is best to be used sparingly because the "poetic" style of writing loses its novelty very quickly because that style of writing just seems to be trying way too hard to sound smart when there's really not that much substance. If you're going to write, write as plainly as possible; don't feel the urge to "sound smart" because most of the time you'll end up either sounding pretentious, foolish, or both. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to bring substance into your work, but what I mean is that you should bring it about in a way that people can feel that it is accessible without demeaning their intelligence. Instead of writing, "She detected the faint conspiratorial scent of illness," try to say something along the lines of, "She thought that he looked sick," and instead of, "Her son; he was spectre pale and silent," try, "Her son was spectre pale and silent," (that particular example didn't need to be edited that much; just needed to take out that one word to keep it from sounding redundant). It may or may not be what you're going for, but it sounds a lot clearer. A good rule of thumb that I'm still working on as a writer: write how you would normally speak. If you don't speak like this, don't write like this.

Super Dad Super Dad

I rarely review, and I rarely give zero stars on anything I review, but this was beyond terrible. The animation was smooth, but that's the only nice thing I have to say. The "humor" consisted only of swearing; this is insultingly juvenile and not even remotely amusing. Did you really expect people to laugh because they said fuck, shit, and ass multiple times? For something rated M, it could've had at least SOME over the top slapstick, but again it disappoints.

NorthridgeNG responds:

Thanks, I see what you mean, I wrote this about two years ago and it was just a challenge to make the crudest animation I could, I agree the humour could have been a lot more complex and I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it.

You Are Disabled You Are Disabled

This game is well made, but it is way too aggravating to possibly complete, especially with the nearly blind and spastic disabilities. Even if you don't have those particular disabilities, some of the levels are frustrating on their own and having those disabilities makes some of the levels impossible. It's one thing to make a game "unfair", but it's quite another to make it nearly impossible, especially with the nearly blind disability where there are split second timed platforms and you can't even see them. Great idea overall, but if you designed the levels differently for each disability to make the game more playable, it could be a good game. As it is, it's just an aggravating and rage inducing mess.

Don't Look Back Don't Look Back

This is a great little game with a very strange and creepy atmosphere; the gameplay is challenging and enjoyable and I really enjoy the story. Were you by any chance inspired by the famous Greek myth of Orpheus and Euridice? Just curious because that's what this game reminds me of.

Save the Animals Save the Animals

This game would be more playable if there wasn't one major bug: for no reason whatsoever I get a "Game over" screen when clicking the power button to release the box when I have not lost any lives. Are there a limited number of clicks as well? If there are, that wasn't included in the instructions. I can appreciate the physics of the game and the story well enough, but you need to fix this bug in order to make this playable.

Vche responds:

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. No there isn't limited numbers of clicks, this happens when you hit on/off button to fast then you generate two boxes and one of them touches the kran and then the game ends. I don't think that is a bug , but in any case I will fix that. Thanks again

Solved
Thanks

Haru Song - Hania ft. Kie Haru Song - Hania ft. Kie

Wow, this is a really interesting take on one of Hania's more well known pieces. You managed to make an interesting combo between the mellow voice of Hania and your electronic beats pretty smoothly. However, sometimes I think the way you've split the vocals makes it sound too resonant in its continuous echoes; when you listen to Hania's original piece, the mellow echoing of her voice is already present in the way she designed the music, and the way you chose to divide the voice digitally sounded a little awkward. Also, I think you should've used more electronic/digital instruments to enhance its techno polyphony; you did a lot with the little that you used, but it needs more because it otherwise sounds two dimensional, and all music must be 3D in its sound. Overall you get an "A" for effort, but some work needs to be done to make this great.

Drowning into the Heavens Drowning into the Heavens

This is a beautifully written piece and your composition style is has a knack for pulling the heart strings. I especially love the incorporations of the non-chord tones within your 7th chords; it adds a lot of unique color to this piece. The melody is simple and sweet, and because of a repeated melody the piano seems to be singing. However, one thing I would suggest would be to either eliminate or substitute the synthetic violins with its live counterparts, or a harp would suffice as well. The synthesized violin does not quite fit into the live grand piano feeling of this piece, and I think you would do this song great justice to perform it live on the piano.

MarkySpark responds:

Thanks for the great review and tips. Hope you can review more as I am back on the scene for a while. Peace

Duck Duck

This picture is absolutely hilarious considering that there is an actual cartoon of Donald Duck as a Nazi in a propaganda piece.

Little Witch Mercy Little Witch Mercy

Your art is and will always be impeccable. You have an amazing eye for detail and your drawing style is flawless. However, with that said, a lot of what you draw is despicable in nature, especially with your depiction of minors. I know that this is a thing that will never be meant for me, but your depiction of children is very disturbing, and that is a severe understatement.

Meyyyy Lmao Meyyyy Lmao

This is obviously a well thought out drawing with amazing attention to detail, as is all of your work. However, my main gripe with this is how preposterously large her breasts are, and how thick the clothing is. The thick clothing makes her look pretty large, and the breasts are literally bigger than her head. If that's what you were going for, then good for you. It's just too over the top for my taste.